Monday, May 28, 2007

Stacey's Sugar cookies

The Best Sugar Cookies (The roll out kind)

1 cup shortening
1 ½ c. sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt

Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla together. Add eggs and beat till light and fluffy. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour before rolling out. Bake at 375º for 5-8 minutes (just slightly golden on the edges).


For Icing:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp almond extract
1/8 cup of milk
Food coloring

Mix powdered sugar, extract and milk together. Add more powdered sugar or milk till you get a slightly runny mixture. Add food coloring for desired color. Note: This icing recipe is just an estimate on the amounts I use. I usually just mix and pour till I get the consistency I want…but this should get you started.

Tip: When I decorate them, I usually line the table with wax paper. The icing doesn’t stick and clean up is MUCH easier.

No comments: